CI Tool Smackdown
- Build Agents - distributed - manage many build and deployment machines - artifact repository - intergrated with scm, defect, test - security integrated with LDAP/AD
UrbanCode Automation Server
- automates simple tasks where the build lifecycle features of AnthillPro are a bit too much.
- does what ant hill pro does but free. - can do distributed builds - easier to setup than cruisecontrol - coverture and sonar used along hudson to present the results.
- config wizard - 100% .Net implementation - 3.0 -> plugin architecture - runs cross platform with mono. (open source framework to run .net on non-windows) - support distributed build - built on a relational database - ease of use - security but not integrated with LDAP
- broad user community - plugin architecture - CI comparison metrics plugins - can do distributed builds
- use cc.NEt - packages lots of tools that have proven records - free and open source - automated branching - based on subversion. - constrained by a bunch of preset convention
- command line interface for flexibility - scalable architecture - diagnostics. some automation around root cause analysis - security, supports LDAP
What is missing?
- Better stability - Correlate failures - other metrics/trends. ex: pull stats from mercury