Tool Transitions In A CI Environment
Example subtext: Transitioning ClearCase as a tool to Git
Why is there resistance to change?
- Management might resist change in general
- Software vendors don't want to loose license sales
- Migration of data might be difficult, impossible, or costly
- Migration of work-methods/procedures might also be difficult
- Requires some prioritization/negotiation with other required work
- Delay of releases not be tenable.
- Might require man-hours of research of new tools or new versions
- Migration from old tool to new tool requires coexistence of two tools
- New stuff uses new tool, old stuff uses old tool