NextGen CI Toolkit Wishlist
Revision as of 11:46, 24 August 2013 by Macetw (Created page with " Problem: Git, create a branch, but also create a CI instance locally * Change how the architecture * Pre-flight build, aka personal builds ** Build happens on a working copy...")
Problem: Git, create a branch, but also create a CI instance locally
- Change how the architecture
- Pre-flight build, aka personal builds
- Build happens on a working copy, right on the developer's machine
- Build is flagged
- Work is to drive down the cost of duplicating a build environment
- Used the Jenkins API
Problem: Build-tool (jenkins) configuration is not on the branch
- Reproduce the build and deployment processes
- How important is it that it's in the same SCM?
- very important: Feature changes are atomically-commit-tied to corresponding deployment changes
- Difficulty in associating a revision date/time across two repositories
- Jenkins should be a GUI that edits an xml file, and it is committed to repository, or available in a working copy (?)
- "Job Configuration History" plugin is creating a way to show the history
- Reverting is available.
- Scribe: @macetw
- ... ?