Automated Workspace Setup
Revision as of 10:43, 17 April 2010 by Kbehrens
What's worked for Jay and his tribe:
- homogenous workstation - all windows.
- self extracting zip, with bat files that install ancillary tools (IDE, JDK, etc)
- check registry for latest service packs, if not present get them and install.
- install scripts can also update workspace
What doesn't work for Jay and his tribe: Some cool tools don't work on windows
- spinning up entire stack of VMs automatically using jira, amazing stuff. harass Kevin until he documents it.
- createing env through jira to enforce naming scheme and other conventions that make it all go.
- source control for database, using liquibase - migrations forwar and back, scripts are under source control.
Ideas to pursue: